Glimmer of Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site is too quiet! So... SEEKING ADVICE!

4 posters

Go down

This site is too quiet! So... SEEKING ADVICE! Empty This site is too quiet! So... SEEKING ADVICE!

Post by SoUgly & SoGoodd Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:26 pm

I've levelled my boxed set of WAR CLE WIZ to 62 but kinda hitting a "wall".... of boredom, atm. I'm thinking of levelling a 4th toon, just for a change of pace and to go back and spend some time in lower level zones. I'm seeking suggestions for what works well with these 3.

I'm inclined toward ENCHANTER for mana buffs, haste, slow and crowd control. But a BARD can do most of that and is potentially more interesting. A bard with a higher-wiz, backed by a cleric, would level obscenely fast too, due to bard's low-level aoe damage song.

Also considering a necro. Their mana-taps are really nice and with their rez, corpse summon and FD ability, one would be very useful. They're great dps too, especially if they can avoid aggro.

Don't know much about zerkers but I'm told they're the best dps in the game and can improve a whole group's damage output. Throwing boulders seems kinda lame to me, though, and not sure my group benefits from a second tankish-type.

I've played a druid to 80 on Saryrn and always loved the class. They're useful in groups but not sure a druid would be justified as the 4th to add. They are multi-talented, solid backup healer, can port and snare/root. But I'm thoroughly familiar with the class and it wouldn't be anything new to level another one.

Monks are great pullers, scouts and dps but they've been nerfed a bit from what I've seen...

Rogue is great dps and very useful for scouting and opening otherwise unpassable doors. Definitely worth considering...

Mage CoH spell , not to mention their powerful pets.... and solid dps although limited mostly to fire spells which hurts in a zone with fire-resistant mobs.

Can't imagine pally, sk, beastlord adds much of benefit, no offense intended to anyone playing those classes.

Have only levelled a shaman to 19, long ago, but I do know they offer a lot of advantages, including buffs which stack nicely with cleric's.

Rangers very good ranged dps and can track better than anyone else. Could tank in a pinch too. (Well, if the mobs were grey... Twisted Evil )

Suggestions?

SoUgly & SoGoodd

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

This site is too quiet! So... SEEKING ADVICE! Empty properly geared

Post by poppasmurf Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:11 am

shamans are the shiznit because of their buffs... shaman/chanter or shaman cleric are wicked combo's because properly geared after a slow shammy's can tank.

poppasmurf
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Back to top Go down

This site is too quiet! So... SEEKING ADVICE! Empty faulty thinking

Post by poppasmurf Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:23 am

BST's are a combo between shammy's and monks.. with the added benefit of having a mage class (aka nasty and powerful) pet for added dps...

there are many things that i can solo with my lvl 70 bst that i wouldn't even try to solo with other lvl 70 toons.

sk's are great because of the self healing taps (agro), aggro spells (agro), snares (aggro), debuffs (need i say aggro?), once an sk gets hold even alot of warriors will have trouble pulling aggro from them.

get a bunch of mobs? sk's have wicked AE aggro spells (that don't do damagewhich is important for mezzing) to keep the multiples pulls from hurting the casters or chanters after the mez breaks.

poppasmurf
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Back to top Go down

This site is too quiet! So... SEEKING ADVICE! Empty Re: This site is too quiet! So... SEEKING ADVICE!

Post by puzzykhat Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:39 am

my first thought to that box combo was druid.
they are actually great dps !

but with the combo war/cle/wiz what i see youre missing is a slower.
that be either enc,shm or bst.

if enc gets slow agro = mess
if shm gets slow agro = root or take a few hits before death.
if bst gets slow agro = well,then bst tanks until warrior can find the taunt key Smile

but for boxing bst is not the best.. without the right amount of AAs the pet can be a royal p.i.t.a running after caster mobs ,not listening to "pet back off",etc..
however: later the pet can proc a better slow than the bst can cast,meaning send in pet first to slow. also the pet is uber dps.

when i solo my shm i started rooting first,then slow before combat. then i often got like 5-10 sec to slow before root wears off )
malo first helps,but honestly.. /sigh. how many things do i have to cast to get a mob slowed ??
pet is weak, dots are strong.

chanter i dont know a lot about,but still i would suggest the chanter as slower / haste / brain buffs.
chanter got 1 ability also that ppl often dont talk about ; the ability to charm something !

bards.. /sigh. well, i played the bard up to lvl 33. that was before /melody and it was stressing as hell.
bard pull, bard offtank this mob, bard haste ,bard mess add !! bard wheres my mana song, bard i need atk and when the grp wipe; blame it on the bard. the only one who could run fast enough to make it out. beside,the laszy bard was only twisting 4 songs ! wtf ?!
no,seriously.. bards are great,but hard (imo)

no matter what you do ; good luck with it !!
puzzykhat
puzzykhat
Officer
Officer

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-11-29

https://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q88/birigtte/

Back to top Go down

This site is too quiet! So... SEEKING ADVICE! Empty Re: This site is too quiet! So... SEEKING ADVICE!

Post by SoUgly & SoGoodd Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:27 am

Chanter charm has been nerfed to death. I guess devs always thought it was far too powerful an ability. I guess when you can charm a warrior mob that hits for 1000 a shot, back when the best player warriors were capping out at 300, that was pretty damn overpowered. But now it's gone to to the other extreme. Charm a 1000+ hitter and he hits only about 200 for you. Until charm breaks and then he hits 1000 again---on the chanter!

I'm leaning toward chanter or bard because of slow and crowd control. The mind buffs are nice too. On the outside track is necro. I used to be able to borrow a friend's necro and the group mana-tap was awesome. But nowadays where mana regeneration isn't the PITA it used to be, the need for that spell isn't nearly as great.

BTW, chanters can root too and they can take a lot of damage what with their stackable runes and other abilities. When I played a chanter/druid combo, I'd always slow+snare+root any mezzed mobs so even if mez dropped they weren't nearly as dangerous as they could be.

Chanters are truly an awesome class. And in many situations they actually require some thinking to play. Definitely not a standard "point-n-click" class. It just seems to be that bards are kinda like a "chanter-light", with lots of additional abilities and now that melody and other techniques have taken most of the drudgery out of twisting I'm thinking a bard might be the way to go.

For what it's worth, on the PvP server historically a well-played nicely-geared bard is unbeatable in one-on-one combat. Think spellcaster without the need for mana!

SoUgly & SoGoodd

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by puzzykhat Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:49 am

SoUgly & SoGoodd wrote:on the PvP server historically a well-played nicely-geared bard is unbeatable

that made me think:
GO GO GOOD TEAM !!
http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php
puzzykhat
puzzykhat
Officer
Officer

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-11-29

https://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q88/birigtte/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolitys Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:40 am

Roguey!
Pick roguey!

Dark elf rogues = ftw.

Kolitys

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SoUgly & SoGoodd Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:20 pm

Dark elf clerics who worship Inny have access to a snare-clicky item.

If I had known that before I started my warrior-cleric team I would have made a darkie cleric instead of a high elf. Runaway mobs cost me a lot of time and trouble in the early levels until I added a snare-capable wizard and got a snare-proccing warrior weapon.

SoUgly & SoGoodd

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum