Glimmer of Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leadership comes at a price!

2 posters

Go down

Leadership comes at a price! Empty Leadership comes at a price!

Post by SoUgly & SoGoodd Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:20 am

Since I'm boxing 3 toons I turn Leadership AA for my warrior since the leadership abilities are well worth having. I've been doing this since I made the 3rd toon and it was able to group with the other 2. All through the 50s my warrior and cleric levelled at about the same pace, even with leadership ON, which is supposed to drain a little bit of the leader's regular XP. I've earned 13 LAA's, which isn't bad before 60.

But since both toons have dinged 60, it looks like ther LAA's really eat into the XP pace for the warrior. They both dinged 60 at about the same time, maybe the cleric first and the warrior took another 10 kills. But now the cleric is 48% into 60 and the warrior only 16%. So a lot of the warrior's XP is being diverted into LAAs. I have a feeling the "leadership penalty" ramps up after 60....

I wanted HoTT badly and I do think all 3 levels of +HP (Health Enhancement) are worth getting now. But at this pace I'm going to have to shut off LAA or the warrior's going to lag too far behind the cleric.

Anyone else seen LAA's having a BIG impact on your regular XP?

SoUgly & SoGoodd

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Leadership comes at a price! Empty Re: Leadership comes at a price!

Post by Silentman Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:25 pm

Of course, as leader of a guild i felt leadership aa's were important and the fact is i group more for others than myself. Thats really what LAA are all about to me. How can i make the whole group better. YES it's a big ding to exp after 60 but as one who dosent chase levels it's a price i'm willing to pay. I recommend EVERYONE get HOTT. Great to have, but if your just piddling around pass the lead please to those who REALLY use it. I can't tell you how many times my ton o LAA would have helped even SAVED a group and someone say to me ( nah I want lead to invite and i'm trying to start my LAA).
Silentman
Silentman
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by SoUgly & SoGoodd Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:08 pm

What's really hard to level is RAID LAA's. And the problem for some guilds is they concentrate their RAID LAA's into one toon and if that toon ever decides to leave... well, he's basically taking the combined efforts of 40-72 people over the course of many raids with him. In this sense I think Sony blew it with RAID LAA's. They should have those accumulate in a guild account rather than in one character. I know of at least one guild that always assigns raid leadership to a bot toon jointly owned by several officers. That lessens the risk that if one guy leaves he takes all the benefits of the guild's hard-won RAID LAA's with him.

SoUgly & SoGoodd

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentman Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:24 pm

I understand that thought process but never forget this. I'm not going ANYWHERE Smile
Silentman
Silentman
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down