Glimmer of Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions

+16
Vornian
Stilicho
Maryanda
Deathmask
Pananani
Noiremorte
Razria
Xoza
Catatonia
Suvenya
puzzykhat
Stoneface
Nicadimas
ayahuaska
Silentman
poppasmurf
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Introductions Empty Introductions

Post by poppasmurf Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:34 pm

Hey all just wanted to introduce myself. My name is joe and i've got the two box combo of HealthyHealing (dumb gm name change) and poppasmurf. I've been playing this since November of 1999. Hioneall is my wife so if she's on she can get access to either. I'm working very hard to get them both to raid level status.

if ya'll have any questions feel free to ask. the only thing i'm not so good with is tradeskilling.

poppasmurf
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Post by Silentman Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:26 am

Not that I'm too lazy to make a page for this but why not just reply and see if it catches on! LOL Nice to meet you. I'm Jesse, your Guild Leader. I'm a Non Commissioned officer in the U.S Army. A Paratrooper that supports Special Forces and am currently stationed in Okinawa Japan. My "Job" as it were is to pack parachutes for people and supplies. Hence the crazy hours I seem to be on and periodic gaps in playing time. I can be anywher in the world in under 18 Hours. So cut me some slack Smile
Silentman
Silentman
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:44 am

Hello everyone, my name is Shannon. I started playing in 03 so that i could try and figure out why yenamil never left the comp lol. I started a warrior first just to learn and then yen stold her from me so I started my ranger and just love her, he can't touch her lol. But I am not as good at the game as he is but I have learned quite a bit. I can answer a lot of questions, mainly on rangers, but I can look things up like there is no tomorrow lol. We have 4 kids and I stay at home so times are easier for me if we need stuff during the day. So please don't hesitate to ask. I was raiding for a while on our last server so I am flagged for a lot of the high end stuff and learned how to raid quite well. ANd yen raided time so he is way outdated hehe, but we are both good at handling raids if we want to work on small things to get us all insync. But till that day we are happy helping out.

Back to top Go down

Post by poppasmurf Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:14 am

Wow i'm a trend sitter Wink

poppasmurf
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by ayahuaska Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:51 am

Hi all,
My names Val. I am an EQholic. Lol. Currently in Western N.Y, but as I am a civilian contractor I bounce around the world. Shortly to be back in Kuwait or Qatar. I am glad to help anyone anytime, no exceptions all you gotta do is ask.
ayahuaska
ayahuaska

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicadimas Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:44 pm

HEllO my name is Kyle, i am the son of Silentman. so naturaly here in Japan. I try to be on when he is not hehe.....so if anyone needs any help with anything at anytime while i am on don't hesitate to through out a tell or in GC love ta help out.
EQ IT"S IN THE GAME! bounce Cool
Nicadimas
Nicadimas
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi Guys, Whatever you want wherever you want, Tell me and I´ll be pleasure to Group and Help in everything you need. My time is EU (GMT +1) and I´ll try to be online all evenings to night Smile . When weather let me do Very Happy .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:01 am

Hey Everyone, I switched back to EQ after a long long layoff.. I am completely hopeless now heh. I went to SWG back when it was good then jumped off to WoW. WoW bored me so I'm back to EQ! Everything is so different. Anyways everyones been great here and I'm glad to be part of this guild. I'm in central US(+6 GMT) So if anyone wants to group or do something I'm up for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoneface Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:28 am

Well I've finally gotten around to posting on here LOL. Sorry it has taken me so long. OK, where to begin. my name is Kenton, and I'm 37 (soon to be 38 ) years old and live in Kentucky. I teach 8th grade social studies, and I'm currently pursuing my master's degree in education.

I've been interested in the fantasy genre since 1982 when I first started playing Dungeons and Dragons. A guy that I was working with mentioned this new game called EverQuest back in 1999, and I was immediately taken with the concept. During the summer of 1999, I had surgery on my wrist and was looking for something to pass the time so I bought EQ and immediately fell under its spell. I played up through the LoY expansion, though my interest did start waning with PoP. After my time with EQ, I tried other games like SWG (which was really bad) and CoH/CoV (which I really enjoyed). A couple months ago I tried WoW, and realized how much I missed EQ so I cancelled WoW and immediately reactivated my EQ account. This time though I started boxing another account of another guy that I used to work with. Stoneface is actually on that account while I have 6 characters over lvl 40 on my own. My highest is a lvl 64 warrior named Icewalker. If you ever need a group or anything at all, feel free to drop me a line and I'd be glad to help out.

When the weather's nice, you'll find me out on my motorcycle or polishing on my Mustang. I spend most of my free time in the summer riding or driving. My goal is to ride across country. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that by next summer! cheers

I have enjoyed this guild so far, and I am truly excited about what this guild is and what it can be in the future. - Kenton
Stoneface
Stoneface

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by puzzykhat Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:00 pm

Birgitte here ,from Denmark but currently living in Austria.
mother of 3 girls. my kids is my job,my job is my life..
31 years old,educated as baker.
i go home with the kids all day,so playtime limited to when they sleep.
im also a recovering drug addict,with now 8½ years clean.
only "drugs" im still addicted to is coffee,cigs and eq Smile) well.. and him,the love of my online life.. cant live without him.. /sigh
puzzykhat
puzzykhat
Officer
Officer

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-11-29

https://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q88/birigtte/

Back to top Go down

Post by Suvenya Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:31 am

Hey all, my name is Wedge or atleast thats what everyone calls me. I started playing EQ back in mid '99 and played for a good year or so before I moved on to Asheron's Call which held me till '02 when I joined the Army. Soon after joining the Army I got back into gaming playing Anarchy Online, Shadowbane, and a bit of EQ till WOW and Dungeon&Dragon Online came out. I got hooked pretty good on WOW and still play but, working with Yenamil and talking about the old days of EQ has brought me back. Split alot of time between the two right now and if it were not for long distance good friends I would probably drop WOW in a second.

- Oh yah, I am still heavy into my roots which is DnD and WH40K.
Suvenya
Suvenya

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Catatonia Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:04 pm

Hello guys, Cat here. Real name is Kenny, I'm a 25 yo. metalhead from France.

I work as a team leader/warehouse supervisor in a watercooler company (and I hate my job), but i have a passion for music, and am the webmaster / online promoter of a label:

[SHAMELESSPROMOTION]
http://www.rupture-music / http://www.severalbleedsrecords.com

We produce artists, book shows, give us a try if you're a metalhead, or just wanna broaden your musical horizon.
[/SHAMELESSPROMOTION]

Besides that, what can i say? I have a thing for videogames, it's my generation i guess. Console, arcade, PC, I love it all.

I played EQ back in 99 while i was managing an internet cafe. I had a level 14 Barbarian shaman, back then, the uber people were 35 and were soloing sand giants :p (and were all druids loool).

After trying a few MMOs (no WOW, i'd rather poke my eyes out than face the community), i decided that i needed to finish what i begun 8 years ago and went back to EQ.

I live alone with my mother since the death of my father, and I'm currently in love with a beautiful young woman called Julie that you'll probably never meet online or IRL considering she doesn't like games (I must convert her!).

Considering i cumulate both my musical activities, and my job, I can go AWOL from time to time for extended periods of time.

I
Catatonia
Catatonia

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-11-02

http://www.rupture-music.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentman Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:11 pm

alright cat here's the thing. I'm done with the Army ( I think) in 2010. Give it to me straight.... too late for a 37 year old bassist to get back in the game? ( I also play piano but i can feel your scowl from here man.) Yeah, i get it. I just needed to throw it out there. I'll need work Smile
Silentman
Silentman
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Ewwo =)

Post by Xoza Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:03 am

Greetings people Smile! Just thought I would introduce myself quickly to your boards since I have been recruited to your fine establishment today via a nice wee man called Cadu' (hope you don't mind me abbreviating that as it's complicated to spell Smile.)

Aaaaany hoo. I'm Jo. I've been playing EQ off and on since early 2000. I've played a variety of characters during that time on what used to be brelle (is it still called that? things have changed so much with server merges and what not) , the only to classes I've never played to the mid 50's are wizzy and zerker ("shame on you!" I hear you cry!), then I had a lengthy break after I gave my account to a close friend....

this time round I have started anew with 1 main character, new server (AB seemed the most logical choice being that I'm in the UK) I chose a High elf (groan!) Mage (what not a cleric?!) Xoza Smile she is now level 53 thanks to the wee man Cadu' getting me out of a particularly hellish level. So far I've pretty much solo'd her apart from 2 pick up groups... it's not that I don't enjoy a good group but this games improved drastically during the time I've been gone and there is so much more to explore as a soloer... I do however prefer to group but due to the masses of solo options and huuuuuge population of players being closer to 80 than 50 these days it's a struggle to find a group willing to let me mod rod them Smile

I play mainly during the day while my other half is hard at work, I do however play the occassional tuesday and saturday evening too so if you see me about and need some help with anything sling me a tell... I better warn thee though, my play time will be reduced a bit by the end of february as there will be a new addition to the family by then Smile

Right that's it... not exactly a brief intro but fneh! Smile

Thanks for having me!

Xoza

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Razria Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:24 am

Hello everyone. I suppose I shall introduce myself. My character is a druid called Razria, my RL name is Susannah, and I was recruited by Silent in the Guild Lobby a few days ago after much harrowing interrogation and debate, and quite a lot of other secretive actions. I live in the UK in Lancashire, and I've played EQ since 2002. There isn't terriblly much in the ways of mystery about me. I have had to take a few breaks here and there and so Razria isn't so incrediblly high on any front. I play a lot at night GMT times, and can have a somewhat erratic play time due to having chronic insomnia.

Outside the world of EQ I am a Clinical Psychologist and I work in a private establishment dealing with serious cases of mental illness and counselling. I am on an extended recovery leave from work due to a very bad car wreck I was in. I play a few instruments, was trained in operatic singing (from GCSE's to RSAMD) but had to give that up for a bit due to a bad case of bronchitus and a chest infection; hopefully though I can resume my studies in five to six months when the damage has cleared from my throat. Well I have some time to play again now, suffice it to say, and so I shall play when I can.

I look forward to grouping and meeting with all of you though hopefully not at the same time! My attention span doesn't run simultaneouslly for 100 people talking to me at once. Remember one thing!

"Objection, evasion, joyous distrust, and love of irony are signs of health;
everything absolute belongs to pathology."
- Nietzsche
Razria
Razria

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Noiremorte Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:31 am

Hey everyone! I'm an EQ Veteran, with two high level characters on Drinal. I'll be transfering my bard over here after tax season. Very Happy I played the game for quite a few years, but quit.... I think 4 or 5 years ago. I've played every MMO the world has thrown at me, and I missed EQ. Okay, maybe I lied. Playing on a Mac has forced me to stick with an MMO that has lower end graphics, otherwise I might still be playing Vanguard. Regardless, I'm havin a blast!

I'm a metalhead. I prefer Scandinavian metal. Viking/folk and a little black metal. Very Happy Most of my friends call me a tree-huggin hippy. Eh, I suppose. *shrug* I play the guitar on occasion. I watch too much anime (My husband is Japanese, I can't help it!).

I'm a housewife, mother of two and a student. I'm currently studying Japanese, but last semester it was Anthropology. I aspire to be a teacher, but I'm fickle and not all that motivated. I love staying at home and raising my kids though, and would love to do it for a living. ;D My children are 6 and 2, and I've been married for over 7 years. Very Happy

I look forward to making lots of friends, getting in to trouble and spending...countless hours trying to catch up to most of you. ;D
Noiremorte
Noiremorte

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-11

http://www.myspace.com/Noiremorte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pananani Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:15 pm

Greetings! My name is Erik and I am a 25 year old Canadian living in Finland with my Finnish wife and daughter (of 9 months). I am a 100% metalhead and have been for approximately 10 years and currently listening to Pagan/viking/folk influenced black metal. I have my own band and I help run a small cassette tape record label with a good friend of mine who is currently living in London.

Bladesmith - www.firesoulforge.com
Mahtra Records - www.metal.ee/mahtra

I am sure me and Cat are going to get along very well now Very Happy

Anyways...

I first started playing EQ when Kunark was released and did so until Luclin. My highest character was a lvl 37 but I did have many others which were early 30's and 20's. I didn't like the feel of Luclin when it was released and quickly left to play EVERY OTHER MMORPG. I literally did play every one. AO, DAoC, UO, AC, AC2, CoH and a few more I forget. I never got the same feeling from any of them as I did with EQ. Everything I did in my first few years of EQ I completely remember.

Eventually I returned when LDON was released but my stay didn't last long. There were a lot of additions I didn't know and couldn't get use to. I eventually left about 3 months later and eventually found my way to...WoW. Which I played since a few months after release until I moved to Finland in December 2005. I absolutely hate that game. I found no challenge at all and cannot understand why so many people play... actually I can, it is easy and very casual player friendly.

But you know what, so is EQ. I have proved it to myself right now. I came back to EQ because of an itchy finger for adventure. I decided this time I am really going to pay attention and get use to the new EQ. Which I have been doing... I have been playing about 1-2 hours a day since December 23, 2007 and I am currently a level 46 Drakkin Necromancer. I usually play 1-2 hours every week morning before I go to work and about 2-5 hours every weekend morning while my wife is sleeping and my daughter is playing around.

Yes, I absolutely miss Classic EQ. Yes, I am eagerly waiting a Classic EQ Server. Yes I will join that server as soon as it launches. But until then I am Pananani of Glimmer of Hope!
Pananani
Pananani

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-10

http://www.firesoulforge.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:56 am

Hey All,

A little about my eq history to start I think. I started playing eq around 6-7 years ago and played on what was Karana which merged with The Rathe during those big merges a few years ago. I switched to AB around September last year and thats about when I made my beloved Breid. I Joined Ambivalence thanks to Puzz and was briefly in Darkwind (plase don't ask about that...it was terrible and less time talking about it the better). I am hoping to bring my main toons over from rathe as soon as I can afford to, I have already brought my druid Snufles over (shes lvl 53/54 ish if anyone needs her let me know) and next in line is my old main Squidgyhug (lvl 66 pally) most of my old friends call me Squidgy but my newer friends never met her so probably think of me as Breid.

Now about the rl me...where to start...I live in dublin Ireland and I am very proud of it, I love my homeland. My name is Sue and I am about to turn 26. I live with my partner and our two wonderful children (well they are wonderful when they are asleep...that has to count for something) Sam my 3 y/o son and Ella my 18 month old daughter. I like puzz stay at home and mind them and the house which takes more hours then there is in a day. I am not sure why I call my children Sam'n'ella (say that one fast and you get food pisoning) I just liked the names.

As I said before I am from Ireland and I now bring that into my eq toon names for instance Breid is the irish word for bandages (fitting for a cleric I thought) and I also have a lil gnome called Bandia which means goddess ( and with her sruname shes goddess of ireland)

I know I haven't managed to get online much lately and that's cos of a mixture of the kids, cleaning and the unfortunate event of my partners grandfather dying 2 weeks ago (he was the life of the place and it just won't be the same without him...he'll be sorely missed). I do get onto the boards a lot and read all new posts when I see them and I hope to get more play time again soon

Hope to see you all in game soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentman Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:35 pm

what a delightful read that was! TY so much for the insight into who you are. My family is Irish (Great Grandfather came on a slow boat) and I long to see our homeland for more than the 4 hour lay over when I returned from Iraq. I'm quite sure starring out the airfield window and and screaming " I NEED A PINT!" did me no justice. I am lucky some crazy Irish mug hung his hat here in Okinawa and opend a "proper pub" so I can pull up a stool, throw down some Irish car bombs Smile and get piss drunk and pretend I'm somewhere else for a bit. I look forward to meeting you and welcom to Glimmer of hope.
Silentman
Silentman
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Introductions Empty Greetings fellow adventurers

Post by Deathmask Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:57 pm

I've finally managed to get round to posting my first message - the first of many I hope.

My name is Phillip, I'm 43 and married with a 3 yo son. I live in Bexleyheath, UK. I work in London as a civil servant mainly on data management, GIS development and surfing for EQ information and printing it out for my characters.

I've been into roleplaying since c1978 playing Tunnels and Trolls, the various versions of D&D/AD&D, Warhammer Roleplay and Battle, Battletech, Rolemaster and various other games to a degree. I have run a campaign for about 3 years on Rolemaster and other games but not for a few years now. I have played many Vic20/C128/Amiga/PC/Xbox360 fantasy/RP/WW2 games over the years and have shelves of books on it all.

I started EQ near the start when my first character (since abandoned on Innoruuk) and my friend were creeping around Nektulus and were terrified by the young kodiaks and my dream weapon was a bone bladed claymore! I transfered my main character at the time to AB and have played there for a few years then gave it a rest for a few , just recently getting back into it at the end of summer last year. (Arrgh a lot has happened). My characters in the guild are Deathmask 63rd DE SK and Gurathos 60th DE ENC. I also have a 44th DE Cleric Cenobitex who hopes to join soon and a rarely played 39th Human Ranger Lorin. If I am around and free (timewise/ungrouped) and not under assault from my son's button pushing fingers then I'm happy to group or help whenever I can.

I'm into lots of music genres but mostly rock/metal with loads of favourites inc lots of 80's stuff Dio, Rainbow, MSG, Aldo Nova

My brief dealings with the guild so far have been very enjoyable and seems to be the sort of guild I have been waiting to join since i first started playing, fun and free style with option to take part in the bigger stuff if I so desired but no pressure on play style which for me is exploring, crafting, having fun and helping others.

May darkness go with you and hate define you.

Lady Deathmask
Deathmask
Deathmask

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentman Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:54 pm

We shall deal with the Freuidian reasons why men pick female toons in your first therapy session. However, that aside GREAT post and I am happy to have you. I hope you found a home in GOH thumbsup
Silentman
Silentman
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Maryanda Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:08 am

Silentman wrote:... why men pick female toons ...

Hmmm -- Freudian? I just thought maybe they play in 3rd person and enjoy the view of watching them run from behind.

I know I enjoy watching you from behind.....

Maryanda
Officer
Officer

Female
Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentman Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:59 am

GASP! I feel so violated! ( But i think i like it ) Embarassed
Silentman
Silentman
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:05 pm

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stilicho Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:30 pm

Hello. I joined the guild about 4 days ago so i am new to you all.
I stared playing EQ in 2000. I played on the Saryn server up until the the Omens of War expansion in 2004. After i played EQ2 for about 3 years. After that i played Vanguard for about 9 months. ( it wasn`t a bad game, it was just too big and not enough people to populate the areas, so too difficult to group). I then played Tabula Rasa . Good concept, but just too easy as there were no real penalties for death.Which is why i am back to eq as every game seems to be made easy for the console generation. My MMORPG experience isnt wide ranging as i get too caught up in playing one game at a time. Unfortunately i threw my eq discs away as i never thought i would be back.Can`t even remember my old password or username. I moved to the Euro server as all the guilds on Saryn seemed to be more American, so got fed up starting raids at midnight.

In real life i live in Gloucester . UK.I work in an ice-cream factory. ( Cornetto , Magnum and Vienetta are probably the ones most of you wouldv`e heard of).
Anyway i only have a level 20 Shaman called Stilicho , so won`t be of much help to you yet, but when i can help i will try my best. I know the old zones fairly well up to Scars of Velious.I`m totally lost in the newer zones

Stilicho

Stilicho

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: